Are you looking for a career that makes the world a better place?
The National Children's Advocacy Center's (NCAC) mission is to model, promote, and deliver excellence in child abuse response and prevention through service, education and leadership. Every day, either directly or indirectly, we help children in the local community, the state, the nation and the world. We strive to provide healing and hope to the families we serve. Explore our website for details about the services we provide. Below is a highlight from our local prevention programs:
Healthy Families is a national program that provides child development education to new moms. Reviewers recently visited the NCAC to conduct a regular re-accreditation review of our local program. The reviewers said ours is the highest quality program they have ever seen! One of the praises that stood out to NCAC’s Prevention Director was that our staff feel supported, happy to work here, that they are taken care of – and all of this trickles to the families we serve. They said they saw – in the records and in talking with families – that we are changing lives.
What’s It Like to Work at NCAC?
We have a beautiful campus with nice offices and on-site parking, but great coworkers are the best part of working here!
Here are a few quotes from our recent employee survey:
“It is wonderful coming to work each day because I know I make a difference in the lives of children and families. I have a supportive team that helps when I need ideas or resources to help my families.”
“Most of the employees that I talk with are very passionate about their job. I think for most, it is more than a job, but a calling.”
“I love my job and this work environment. I feel blessed.”
“I am proud to work here and hope to work here and continue to make a difference in our community for many more years.”
While we often deal with serious topics and the work can be challenging, we like to foster a culture of community and mutual support including monthly agency-wide staff meetings, appreciation lunches, holiday parties, etc.
We Value Diversity
We serve a diverse client base and value and seek diversity in our staff, interns, Board members and general volunteers. We have an active Diversity and Inclusion Committee that conducts an annual survey of staff to determine how we can continuously improve our services and interactions with our coworkers and our clients. This committee also organizes a quarterly Diversity Schoolhouse training program during which we bring in speakers to educate ourselves about diversity topics and increase our awareness of the local community.
We offer a generous benefit package, especially compared to many other non-profit organizations. New full-time employees receive a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Eight hours of annual leave/vacation per month
- Eight hours of sick leave per month
- Four hours of personal leave per month to be used to balance work/personal life needs
- 10 or more holidays
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance. NCAC pays a significant portion of the medical insurance premiums.
- Life insurance. Employees are provided with a $25,000 basic life and $25,000 AD&D policy at no cost. Other optional life insurance plans are also available.
- Retirement savings via a 401(k) plan - available to part-time and full-time employees who meet the eligibility requirements including working at least 1,000 hours in the first year. This plan has immediate vesting and is currently budgeted to provide a 100% match of the employee’s contributions up to 5% of the employee’s compensation.