Online Training Courses
NCAC has launched a new Online Training platform. Free online training courses, archived Ask the Expert sessions and archived Webinars (listed below) are now available.
NCAC Online Training (requires one-time registration to create a user ID and password.)
List of Available Online Trainings
Please note: to ensure access to a printable certificate following completion of the trainings below, please plan to view the video one time without stopping and starting. After you have viewed the video and received your certificate, you may watch the video again and skip to sections as many times as you choose to reinforce what you have learned.
- Abusive Head Trauma Evidence - Admissibility at Trial – Justin Fitzsimmons, JD (Course ID: NCAC-OT-012) More Info
- Best Practices in the Treatment of Abused Children and Their Families – Ben Saunders, PhD (Course ID: NCAC-OT-030)
- Burns in Pediatric Abuse – Jonathan Thackeray, MD (Course ID: NCAC-OT-013) More Info
- Child Abuse Investigations in Meth Lab Cases – Tim Ahumada (Course ID: NCAC-OT-006) More Info
- Child Development 101 – Allison DeFelice, PhD (Course ID: NCAC-OT-007) More Info
- Child Sexual Abuse: A Judicial Perspective – Judge Charles B. Schudson (Course ID: NCAC-OT-008) More Info
- Children with Disabilities: Challenges, Strategies, and Resources – Harold Johnson & Christine Pawelski (Course ID: NCAC-PPT-004)
- Children’s Advocacy Centers: A Model for Improving the System’s Response to Child Abuse – Nancy Chandler (Course ID: NCAC-OT-001)
- Children's Advocacy Centers Safety Assessment – Jim Holler (Course ID: NCAC-OT-014) More Info
- Collaboration, Consistency and Cultural Competency – Carroll Ann Ellis (Course ID: NCAC-OT-009)
- The Commercial Sexual Exploitation of Children: Identification, Intervention, and Collaboration – Dawn Thompson, Sandy Skelaney, & Maria Clara Rofriquez (Course ID: NCAC-PPT-003)
- The CPS Worker: Making a Case for Safety – Jim Holler (Course ID: NCAC-OT-010)
- Crawford for Interviewers – John E.B. Meyers (Course ID: NCAC-OT-035)
- Developmental Perspectives on Child Sexual Behavior in Children and Adolescents – William Friedrich, PhD (Course ID: NCAC-OT-015)
- The Emotional Effects of Domestic Violence on Children – Sharon McGee, MS (Course ID: NCAC-OT-016)
- Filtering Information - Utilizing Interpreters in Investigative Interviews – Maria Rosales-Lambert (Course ID: NCAC-OT-017)
- Forensic Interviewing Skills for Working with Child Abuse Victims with Cognitive and or Communication Impairments – Nora J. Baladerian, PhD (Course ID: NCAC-OT-002)
- Homicide: A Practical Guide to Working with Families of Homicide Victims – Heidi Potter & Keri Wallace (Course ID: NCAC-PPT-002)
- Human Trafficking: The Three P's: Protection, Prosecution, & Prevention – Robin Sax, JD (Course ID: NCAC-OT-032)
- I'll Show You Mine if You Show Me Yours: Treating Child Sexual Behavior Problems – Paris G. Brown (Course ID: NCAC-PPT-008)
- Interviewing Preschool Children – Linda Cordisco Steele, M.Ed (Course ID: NCAC-OT-003)
- Intimate Partner Violence: A Pediatric Issue? – Jonathan Thackeray, MD (Course ID: NCAC-OT-025)
- It's About Time: Children's Ability vs The Team's Need to Know – Andra Chamberlin (Course ID: NCAC-PPT-005)
- Law Enforcement's Response to Child Sexual Abuse – Rick Cage (Course ID: NCAC-OT-018)
- The Medical and Developmental Effects of Domestic Violence on Children – John Stirling, MD (Course ID: NCAC-OT-011)
- Most Common Mistakes Made in Forensic Interviews and How to Fix Them – Linda Cordisco Steele & Heather Stewart (Course ID: NCAC-PPT-007)
- Opening Statements and Closing Arguments in Child Sexual Abuse Cases – Jeffrey Brickman, JD (Course ID : NCAC-OT-004)
- Pornography: The Pink Elephant of Prevention – Cordelia Anderson, MA (Course ID: NCAC-OT-026)
- Preparing Your Child for Kindergarten: Readiness Activities and Skills for Success – Chris Lowedell and Julie Yockel (Course ID : NCAC-OT-031)
- Profiling the Child Molester – Investigator George Ryan (Course ID: NCAC-OT-019)
- Providing Expert Testimony in Child Sexual Abuse Cases – Laura Rogers, JD (Course ID: NCAC-OT-033)
- Providing Leadership in a Multidisciplinary Environment – Karen Hangartner, LGSW (Course ID: NCAC-OT-027)
- Recognizing Violence as a Household Pattern: Overlap of Intimate Partner Violence, Child Abuse, and Animal Abuse – Tara Harris, MD (Course ID: NCAC-PPT-001)
- Shattered Heart: When Adolescents Sexually Abuse Within Their Family – Jacqueline Page, PsyD (Course ID: NCAC-OT-028)
- Standards for Prevention Programs – Pat Stanislaski (Course ID: NCAC-OT-020)
- Technology Facilitated Crimes Against Children: Internet Lures and the Dangers of Social Networking Sites – Richard Love (Course ID: NCAC-OT-034)
- Trial Strategies in Child Protection Cases – Victor Vieth (Course ID: NCAC-OT-022)
- Victim Assistance: Preparation and Support for Children in Criminal Proceedings – Jeanette M. Adkins (Course ID: NCAC-OT-023)
- When It Is In The Family: How to Handle Sibling Sex Abuse - Jacqueline Page, PsyD (Course ID : NCAC-OT-024)
- Why is this Child so Skinny? Understanding Failure to Thrive – Deborah Lowen (Course ID: NCAC-PPT-006)
- Winning in Court: Taint and Crawford, The Dual Dilemma – Paul Tressler, JD and Ron Laney (Course ID: NCAC-OT-029)
- Working with the Non-Offending Caregiver – Cassandra Leslie (Course ID: NCAC-OT-005)
Please note: training certificates are not available for the trainings listed below.
List of Available Archived Ask the Expert Sessions
- Adolescents Who Sexually Abuse: Helpful Information for Professionals - Jacqueline Page, Psy.D. (Course ID:NCAC-ATE-008) More Info
- Compliant Child Victims: Confronting an Uncomfortable Reality- Kenneth Lanning, Ph.D. (Course ID:NCAC-ATE-005) More Info
- Exploring the Vulnerabilities of LGBTQQ Youth: An Open Discussion - Elda Dawber, LICSW (Course ID:NCAC-ATE-002) More Info
- How to Develop Effective Messages and Get Them Covered by the Media (Course ID:NCAC-ATE-003) - Barbara F. Nash, APR More Info
- "I Just Knowed It": What Can We Expect From Our Youngest Witnesses? - Linda Cordisco Steele, M.Ed, LPC (Course ID:NCAC-ATE-001) More Info
- Managing Vicarious Trauma - Jon R. Conte, Ph.D (NCAC-ATE-007).More Info
- Promoting Sex-Wise Parenting: The role of intra-family sexuality education in keeping kids sexually safe and healthy - Janet Rosenzweig, MS, PhD, MPA, Author, The Sex-Wise Parent, (NCAC-ATE-009).More Info
- Rethinking Sexual Violence Prevention: Innovations With Bystanders, The Internet and Youth Serving Organizations - Keith Kaufman, Ph.D., John Foubert, Ph.D. & Elizabeth Griffin, MA Course ID:(NCAC-ATE-004) More Info
- The Foundations for Understanding Vicarious Trauma - Jon R. Conte, Ph.D. (Course ID:NCAC-ATE-006) More Info
List of Available Archived Webinars
- Caught in the Crossfire: How the Abuse of Animals Co-occurs with Family Violence - Allie Phillips, J.D. (Course ID:NCAC-W-014) More Info
- Consensual But Unlawful - Andra Chamberlin, MA (Course ID:NCAC-W-008) More Info
- Declining Rates of Child Sexual Abuse and What This Really Means - Mark Chaffin, Ph.D & Lisa Jones, Ph.D. (Course ID:NCAC-W-004) More Info
- Drug Endangered Children - Karen Farst, M.D. (Course ID:NCAC-W-007) More Info.
- Friend Me: Why Facebook, Twitter and Social Networking Matter to Your Organization - Adam Rosenberg, Esq (Course ID: NCAC-W-003) More Info.
- Intervene: Identifying and Responding to America's Prostituted Youth - Elizabeth Scaife (Course ID: NCAC-W-013) More Info.
- Interviewing Victims of Violence and Homicide - Understanding Homicide Through the Eyes of a Child - Andra K. Chamberlin, MA (Course ID: NCAC-W-002) More Info
- Overcoming Barriers to Protecting Children from Sexual Abuse - Robin Castle (Course ID: NCAC-W-005) More Info
- Patterns and Trends in the Online Victimization of Children - Kathleen Harris (Course ID:NCAC-2-009) More Info
- Prevention: The Ultimate Victim Advocacy - Cordelia Anderson (Course ID: NCAC-W-001) More Info
- Sexually Transmitted Infections in Child Sexual Abuse - Karen Farst, M.D. (Course ID: NCAC-W-010) More Info
- The NCAC Extended Forensic Interview Model: Rationale and Key Components - Linda Cordisco Steele, M.Ed,LPC (Course ID: NCAC-W-012) More Info
- Understanding How Social Networking Sites Are Used - Mike Duffey (Course ID: NCAC-W-011) More Info
- Using Solid Research to Enhance Your Communications Program - Barbara Nash (Course ID: NCAC-W-006) More Info
Follow this link to the NCAC Online Training website.
Click on the "Register" button at the top of the page next to "Login"
Fill out the form to create a "New Student" account.
When you have filled out the form please click the "Create New Student" button.
This will bring you into our Online Training Center. Here you will see a list of available courses.
To register for a course, locate the desired course title and click the green plus sign, which you will find to the left of the Catalog ID.
You will be prompted by a pop up box asking you "Are you sure you want to enroll?". Click the "Yes" button. You are now enrolled in the selected course.
Next, click the "My Courses" tab at the top of the page.
A list of courses you have enrolled in will appear. Click the desired course.
Under “Course Item”, click on the orange box with green arrow to the left of the course you wish to take. The opening screen to begin your Online Training will appear.
* Online training courses, webinars and Ask the Expert session recordings and content are copyrighted by The National Children’s Advocacy Center. It is unlawful to copy or distribute these materials mechanically, electronically or otherwise without expressed written permission by The National Children’s Advocacy Center.