The Southern Regional Children’s Advocacy Center (SRCAC) may assist CAC staff members and members of the multidisciplinary team with their expenses to trainings through tuition assistance and travel assistance. Assistance is based on reimbursement to the CAC.
Click on the links below for information on what is covered and how to apply for travel or tuition assistance through SRCAC.
Tuition Assistance Application
New release: February 28, 2017
Submission Deadline: March 17, 2017 at 5pm CST
Guidelines: CAC staff and/or MDT members are eligible to apply for tuition assistance to attend a wide variety of trainings/conferences. Eligible trainings include those that build the skill-set of the MDT or CAC staff.
The following SRCAC trainings are NOT eligible for tuition assistance:
-Accreditation Boot Camp
-Medical/Legal Training Academy
-CAC and the Law
Trainings must be completed between: October 1, 2016 (retroactive) and September 30, 2017. You may apply for tuition assistance for a training you have attended prior to the release of this award. The training must have occurred on October 1, 2016 or after. The proper documentation and receipts are still required.
NOTE: Awards are made on a COMPETITIVE BASIS. Incomplete applications will automatically be discarded.
Awards will be provided to the affiliated CAC on a reimbursement basis following submission of post-training documentation. Checks cannot be made to individuals.
Applicants must communicate directly with the organization coordinating the training to secure registration. Submission of this application does not register the participant for the desired training.
SRCAC only makes awards to persons who are employed by or are providing services under agreement/contract/MOU with an existing or emerging CAC. Award recipients must be affiliated with a CAC that will benefit from the skills gained in the training.
- Tuition Assistance will be capped at $425 or less PER CAC. If the registration fee is more than $425, the CAC can apply to be reimbursed for up to $425. Please note, this award total is per CAC not per individual.
- Each participant must fill out an online application.
- CEU, consultation and luncheon fees are not eligible.
- This application is not for travel assistance.
- In some cases, where need has been demonstrated, the reimbursement method may be modified.
- This application must be accompanied by uploading required documents listed within the application process.
- Letter of support from the CAC Executive Director
- Letter of support from the State Chapter Organization
- Copy of completed training registration (if not available upload a copy of the training/conference flyer or email announcement)
Tuition Assistance Reimbursement Application:
This reimbursement is for those CAC’s who were awarded assistance through the March 2017 Tuition Assistance Application Process.
Welcome to the Tuition Assistance Reimbursement Process. We hope you enjoyed your training!
This online form along with supporting documentation must be submitted within two weeks of completion of training.
Required documentation to be uploaded includes:
- Proof of payment registration (copy of check, paid web registration print out with total paid, etc)
- Certificate of completion, if provided by the training/conference
All reimbursement payments are made payable to the CAC in which the participant is affiliated. Check are mailed within 3-4 weeks of receiving this online form and supporting documents.
Questions? Contact Melissa Dickey-Brunner.
SRCAC Core Training Travel Assistance-Updated April 2017
SRCAC can provide assistance to child abuse professionals associated with an existing or developing CAC in the Southern Region to continue their professional development. This specific travel assistance is for Core SRCAC Trainings that occur in Huntsville, Alabama.
What training does travel assistance cover?
What expenses are reimbursed?
- Airfare or mileage up to $325
What are the next steps to get travel reimbursement?
- Once you register and are approved via email for one of the four SRCAC core trainings listed above, you are considered pre- approved for travel assistance.
- Keep your airfare receipt and board passes.
- If you drove, print out and keep a copy of the trip via MapQuest.
- Click the online reimbursement link below AFTER you have completed one of the core trainings and upload your documents for reimbursement.
After you have completed one of the above core trainings, please continue the online reimbursement process.
Documentation must be submitted within TWO WEEKS of completion of the training.
Reimbursement will be made payable to the affiliated CAC within 3-4 weeks of SRCAC's receipt of approved post-training documentation
For more information about this travel assistance program, contact Melissa Dickey-Brunner.
SRCAC Core Training Lodging Assistance-Updated May 2017
SRCAC can provide assistance to child abuse professionals associated with an existing or developing CAC in the Southern Region to continue their professional development. This specific lodging assistance is for Core SRCAC Trainings that occur in Huntsville, Alabama.
What training does lodging assistance cover?
- CAC Management
- Team Facilitator
- Advanced Leadership
- Medical/Legal Academy
What expenses are covered?
- 100% of a hotel room at Embassy Suites, Huntsville AL
What are the next steps to reserve a hotel room?
- Once you register and are approved via email for one of the four SRCAC core trainings listed above, you are considered pre-approved for lodging assistance.
- Under each Core Training listed on our website, there is a link to Embassy Suite’s website where you will book your rooms. SRCAC directly pays Embassy for the rooms, so you will NOT need to submit a reimbursement for lodging.
For more information about this lodging assistance program, contact Meredith Wilkes.
The Southern Regional Children’s Advocacy Center may award a grant each year to each state/chapter to assist with Chapter operations or training and technical assistance. Each chapter shall submit a proposal describing how these funds will be used for Chapter Development or for Training/Technical Assistance to CACs within in each state.