8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. each day
This two-day training is designed for teams of forensic interviewers and prosecutors. Team registration (a forensic interviewer and a prosecutor) is required. Individual registration will not be accepted.
Forensic Interviewers: Please bring your Curriculum Vitae (CV) with you to the training. If you do not have a CV, please bring what you would use to qualify yourself as an expert witness: i.e., training certificates, etc.
Trainees are required to attend and be on time for all course sessions (note start and end times of training provided above). Participants who miss any portion of a course session will not receive a certificate of completion for the course.
The National Children's Advocacy Center (NCAC)
NCAC Training Center
210 Pratt Avenue
Huntsville, Alabama 35801
Trainees will receive training materials through a combination of electronic files and printed copy. Each trainee will receive a printed manual in outline format, making the need for note-taking minimal. Supporting documents and reference material will be made available online to all participants of this training.
For information about lodging, visit our Hotel Information page.
Flight arrangements should be scheduled so that the trainee arrives the day before training begins, since training begins at 8:30 a.m. on the first day. It is also recommended that departure flights be scheduled 7:00 p.m. or later on the last day of training to allow adequate transportation time to the airport.
Important Note: Training classes are subject to cancellation in the event of insufficient registrations. Therefore, DO NOT make non-refundable travel arrangements until you receive both a “Preliminary Registration” e-mail AND a “Final Confirmation” e-mail from NCAC that the training will take place (approximately 4 to 6 weeks before the training). In the event of cancellation due to insufficient registrations, 100% of the registration fee will be refunded.
Trainees are responsible for all expenses incurred in traveling to and from Huntsville, Alabama, where the training will be held.
Airport Shuttle Service: The host hotel provides a complimentary airport shuttle between the hours of 7:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m. A direct telephone line to the hotel is available at Huntsville International Airport in the baggage claim area. If your arrival or departure times are outside of the hotel shuttle hours, you can arrange for a shuttle through Executive Connection, Inc. (256-772-0186), or you can call for a taxi. Attendees are responsible for any expenses incurred in traveling between the airport to the hotel.
Shuttle Service to Training Center: The Embassy Suites will provide transportation by van between the hotel and the training site at no cost to trainees. It is recommended that trainees take advantage of the hotel van transportation, because parking at the training site is limited.
- The vans will depart from the Embassy Suites at 8:00 a.m. each morning. The training is scheduled to end by 5:00 p.m. each day.
- At the end of the training, the hotel vans will leave the training site at 5:00 p.m. to take participants to the airport. If your flight is scheduled to depart after 7:00 p.m., you may choose to take a van either to the airport or back to the hotel.
- If your flight is scheduled to depart prior to 7:00 p.m., you will be responsible for making your own arrangements (taxicab, etc) to the airport. (Please note that you are expected to remain for the entire training in order to earn your training certificate.)
Rental Car: Since the Embassy Suites has a full-service restaurant, and is in close proximity to Huntsville’s downtown area, most attendees will find it unnecessary to rent a car. The hotel also provides complimentary shuttle service on an availability basis to transport guests within a 3 mile radius of the hotel.
- One Breakfast voucher is provided for each room, free of charge, by the hotel for their full-service restaurant at the Embassy Suites.
- Catered lunches will be provided on-site by the NCAC Monday through Friday. Please contact us if you have any special dietary requests
- Mini Fridge and microwave available in snack kitchen at the NCAC Training Center for trainees who wish to bring lunch.
- Manager's reception available at the Embassy Suites each evening from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. with complimentary cocktails, non-alcholic beverages and light snacks served.
- Attendees will be responsible for evening meals.
Business Casual is suggested. We recommend that you bring a sweater or jacket since room temperature tends to vary.
Special Note For Law Enforcement Trainees: Firearms are not permitted in class. Please be sure to find a secure place for your firearm before arriving at the NCAC Training Center
If you need special accommodations please contact Sarah Hubbard at 256-327-3876.
Space & Rocket Center: If you would like to visit the U.S. Space and Rocket Center while you are in town, we suggest that you plan to arrive early prior to or stay in town following the training if you are interested in visiting Huntsville's most popular tourist attraction!