Logistics for Victim Advocacy
9:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. each training day
Trainees are required to attend and be on time for all course sessions (note above start and end times of training). Participants who miss any portion of a course session will not receive a certificate of completion for the course.
National Children's Advocacy Center (NCAC)
National Training Center
210 Pratt Avenue
Huntsville, Alabama 35801
Trainees will receive training materials through a combination of electronic files and printed copy. Each trainee will receive a printed manual in outline format, making the need for note-taking minimal. Supporting documents and reference material will be made available online to all participants of this training.
Huntsville Embassy Suites Hotel & Spa
800 Monroe Street
Huntsville, Alabama, 35801
NCAC lodging rate: $89*/night+tax.
Complimentary shuttle service to and from the the NCAC Training Center is provided for all trainees staying at the Embassy Suites. If you prefer to stay at a different hotel, you may do so; however, you will be responsible for your own transportation to and from the NCAC Training Center.
Hotel amenities and surrounding area:
- Spacious two-room suite complete with a microwave, refrigerator and a sleeper sofa
- In-suite Safe
- Two 32”Flat Screen TVs in each suite
- Full “cooked-to-order” breakfast & buffet served in the Atrium each morning
- Nightly Manager’s Reception, featuring complimentary beverages, served in the Atrium from 5:30pm – 7:30pm for hotel guests
- Complimentary 24-hour Fitness Center
- Heated Indoor Pool
- Complimentary Business Center
- Caffeina’s Café & Market Place opens daily at 6:00am
- Ruth’s Chris Steak House Restaurant
- Spa Botanica located on Hotel’s second floor
- Complimentary Airport Shuttle Service daily from 6:00am – 10:00pm
- Connected to the Von Braun Center by a covered walkway on Hotel’s second floor – check the VBC website for great shows, plays, sporting events, etc., throughout the year
- Across the street from the Huntsville Museum of Art and around the corner from Early Works Hands On Museum
- Within minutes of downtown restaurants – Pan E Vino, Taco Mama, Asian Rim, Below the Radar, Cotton Row, Commerce Kitchen, Sam & Greg’s, Jimmy Johns, The Bottle and 1892
- Across the street from Big Spring Park – a great place to walk and during summer months Concerts in the Park
Flight arrangements should be scheduled so that the trainee arrives the day before training begins, since training begins at 9:00 a.m. on the first day. It is also recommended that departure flights be scheduled 5:30 p.m. or later on the last day of training to allow adequate transportation time to the airport.
Important Note: Training classes are subject to cancellation in the event of insufficient registrations. Therefore, DO NOT make non-refundable travel arrangements until you receive both a “Preliminary Registration” e-mail AND a “Final Confirmation” e-mail from NCAC that the training will take place (approximately 4 to 6 weeks before the training). In the event of cancellation due to insufficient registrations, 100% of the registration fee will be refunded.
Trainees are responsible for all expenses incurred in traveling to and from Huntsville, Alabama, where the training will be held.
Airport Shuttle Service: The host hotel provides a complimentary airport shuttle between the hours of 7:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m. A direct telephone line to the hotel is available at Huntsville International Airport in the baggage claim area. If your arrival or departure times are outside of the hotel shuttle hours, you can arrange for a shuttle through Executive Connection, Inc. (256-772-0186), or you can call for a taxi. Attendees are responsible for any expenses incurred in traveling between the airport to the hotel.
Shuttle Service to Training Center: The host hotel will provide transportation by van between the hotel and the training site at no cost to trainees. It is recommended that trainees take advantage of the hotel van transportation, because parking at the training site is limited.
- The vans will depart from the Embassy Suites at 8:30 a.m. each morning. The training is scheduled to end by 4:30 p.m. each day.
- At the end of training the hotel vans will leave the training site at 4:30 p.m. to take participants to the airport. Depending on your departure time, you may choose either to take a van to the airport or to take a van back to the hotel.
- If your flight is scheduled to depart prior to 4:00 p.m., you will be responsible for making your own arrangements (taxicab, etc) to the airport. (Please note that you are expected to remain for the entire training in order to earn your training certificate.)
- Attendees will be responsible for evening meals.
- One Breakfast voucher is provided for each room, free of charge, by the hotel for their full-service restaurant at the Embassy Suites.
- Manager’s reception available at the Embassy Suites each evening from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. with complimentary cocktails, non-alcoholic beverages and light snacks served.
DressBusiness Casual is suggested. We recommend that you bring a sweater or jacket since room temperature tends to vary.
Special Note For Law Enforcement Trainees: Firearms are not permitted in class. Please be sure to find a secure place for your firearm before arriving at the NCAC Training Center
Space & Rocket Center If you would like to visit the U.S. Space and Rocket Center while you are in town, we suggest that you plan to arrive early on Sunday or stay in town Friday afternoon if you are interested in visiting Huntsville's most popular tourist attraction!