Team Facilitator TrainingHuntsville, Alabama
This training is designed for Children's Advocacy Center staff or Team members responsible for coordination of the CAC's Multidisciplinary Team (MDT) and facilitation of MDT case review meetings. This training is intended for those who wish to enhance their skills as facilitators as well as to improve ongoing Team communication and relationships.
The two-and-a-half-day training will provide participants with insight into strategies for identifying system issues that impact service delivery to children and families. Participants will explore assessing team dynamics and interventions to help move the team to a higher level of functioning. Approaches will be discussed with an orientation to help to promote collaborative decision making healthy, productive methods for addressing conflict.
The intention of this training is to provide intensive skill-building experience to strengthen communication, cooperation, coordination and collaboration among members of the MDT. The training will be interactive and include opportunities for practice and peer feedback.
Topics Will Include:
- Learning to Assess Team Strengths and Challenges
- Understanding the Role of Team Facilitator
- Cultivating a Positive Climate with Your MDT
- Giving and Receiving Feedback
- Facilitating Participatory Discussions with Your Team
- Asking Questions to Enhance Shared Decision-Making
- Assessing the Case Review Process and Exploring Case Review options
- Recognizing, Appreciating and Capitalizing on Diversity Within the Team
- Team Building
- Understanding Diverse Conflict Management Styles
- Managing Team Conflict
- Engaging in Difficult Conversations
The training is limited to 20 participants and only one individual from each CAC may apply. Participants must attend the training in its entirety.
TUITION: $49 Per person
Tuesday and Wednesday, 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Thursday, 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
CHECK BACK FOR OUR 2017 DATES