Thank you for your interest in volunteering with us here at the National Children’s Advocacy Center. Your time and dedication to helping us out here at the NCAC is truly appreciated.
Before contacting us, please review the following to see if we might be a match for your availability and interests:
- Volunteer opportunities are only available in Madison County, Alabama.
- Almost all assignments are during weekday business hours (8:30 to 5:00, Monday-Friday). We only have evening or weekend events a few times a year.
- Most of our assignments are clerical, child care or assistance with special events. In addition, we train interested volunteers to teach our prevention classes (SCAN) to 3rd, 5th and 7th graders. PLEASE NOTE: We do not have any volunteer opportunities to mentor, to tutor or to work directly with the children in therapy.
- The majority of our new assignments are an "on call" basis rather than a regular schedule.
- We have limited unpaid intern opportunities. Positions in our therapy and prevention programs are usually filled one or two semesters ahead of time so please plan ahead. Positions in administrative functions are more flexible.
Current Volunteer Opportunities
Volunteers are needed in several different areas and hopefully we can find one that is just right for you!
Our main volunteer opportunities include:
- Clerical and Child Care Assistance
- SCAN (Stop Child Abuse & Neglect)
- Healthy Families
- Fundraising & Special Events
- Forensic Interview Training Child Care
If you think that you would be a good fit for any of these opportunities, please fill out our forms at the bottom of this page and send them over to our Development Coordinator, Sarah Coggins and we will be in touch from there!
Please be advised that all of our volunteers are asked to complete these two steps:
Fill out a volunteer application, which helps us know what types of activities you are interested in and what times work best for you. This helps us to match you to the jobs which are best suited for you.
Complete the application for a background check (free to you.) After the mail is sent to the State office, it takes about 10 days to 2 weeks for clearance. As soon as we receive that clearance, we can utilize you as a volunteer.
Would you like to apply or do you need more information about general or intern/student opportunities?
To apply or to ask questions, please send an email the NCAC Volunteer Coordinator. You will receive an automatic reply with additional information and instructions.
Thank you so much for thinking of the NCAC and the children and families we serve. We look forward to meeting you.