Huntsville, Alabama is located in the northern part of the state, just a few miles from the Tennessee State line. The city is home to an international airport and is driving distance from three other major airports in the Southeast.
The following airlines serve the Huntsville International Airport (HSV):
- American Airlines
- Delta Airlines: Special discounts are available through the Delta Meeting Network® for the National Children’s Advocacy Center’s 35th International Symposium on Child Abuse. You may also call 1.800.328.1111* Monday – Friday, 7:00 a.m. – 7:30 p.m. (CT) and refer to Meeting Event Code NY2E2 and US630891512 in the "SkyBonus" box.(*Please note there is not a service fee for reservations booked and ticketed via our reservation 800 number.)
- United Airlines: For discounted airfare with United Airlines, please enter the "Z Code" followed by the “agreement code” in the offer code box provided, entered as ZFNK888452. Alternatively, call United Meetings at 800-426-1122, and give the "Z Code": ZFNK and “agreement code”: 888452.
Catch a ride on the Symposium Shuttle! The 35th International Symposium on Child Abuse (Symposium) provides shuttle service between official Symposium hotels and venues. This service is included in your conference registration fee.
- Shuttle Service starts Monday, March 18 at 4:30 p.m. with transportation to check-in/registration. More details are coming soon!
- Shuttle service is NOT provided for the Monday, March 18, Pre-Conference Workshops.
- Daily shuttle service is available from official Symposium hotels and the Von Braun Center in the morning, with shuttles returning to hotels in the afternoons. Check the Symposium Conference App for a list of daily shuttle times.
- For conference departure, the Symposium shuttle service will provide transportation to the airport leaving from the Von Braun Center on Thursday, March 21 from 2:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m. Bring your luggage with you! The Symposium Shuttle service will also return to hotels following the conclusion of the conference at 4:30 p.m.
Parking is available for participants who drive their personal vehicles.
Huntsville is centrally located midway between Nashville, TN, Birmingham, AL and Atlanta, GA. The following travel alternatives are available:
- Air Transportation:
- Nashville International Airport (BNA): Approximately 113 miles north of Huntsville, AL
- Birmingham-Shuttlesworth International Airport (BHM): Approximately 106 miles south of Huntsville, AL
- Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport (ATL): Approximately 188 miles east of Huntsville, AL