Current Volunteer Opportunities
Please be advised that all of our volunteers are asked to complete these two steps:
Fill out a volunteer application, which helps us know what types of activities you are interested in and what times work best for you. This helps us to match you to the jobs which are best suited for you.
Complete the application for a background check (free to you.) After the mail is sent to the State office, it takes about 10 days to 2 weeks for clearance. As soon as we receive that clearance, we can utilize you as a volunteer.
Before contacting us, please review the following to see if we might be a match for your availability and interests:
- Volunteer opportunities are only available in Madison County, Alabama.
- Almost all assignments are during weekday business hours (8:30 to 5:00, Monday-Friday). We only have evening or weekend events a few times a year.
- Most of our assignments are clerical, child care or assistance with special events. In addition, we train interested volunteers to teach our prevention classes (SCAN) to 3rd, 5th and 7th graders. PLEASE NOTE: We do not have any volunteer opportunities to mentor, to tutor or to work directly with the children in therapy.
- The majority of our new assignments are an "on call" basis rather than a regular schedule.
- We have limited unpaid intern opportunities. Positions in our therapy and prevention programs are usually filled one or two semesters ahead of time so please plan ahead. Positions in administrative functions are more flexible.
Looking for an internship?
We have limited unpaid intern opportunities. Positions in our therapy and prevention programs are usually filled at least one or two semesters ahead of time so please plan ahead. Opportunities in administrative functions, such as fundraising, are more flexible. Our intern positions for graduate students are full for the 2018-19 school year and positions for undergrad students are full through the end of 2018. We will start accepting applications again early next year. More details to come