During the course of therapy, children and caregivers may find that they need to contact therapists for help outside of scheduled sessions. If this happens, please use the following resources:
Reporting Child Abuse
Local Emergency Options
- To speak to your NCAC therapist during office hours (Monday-Thursday from 8:00am to 5:30pm and Friday from 8:00am to 12:00pm), CALL 256-327-3853
- Outside of office hours, you can reach a Helpline counselor 24/7. CALL 256-716-1000 or 211 from a landline
- Outside of office hours, you can also reach a Mental Health Center therapist. CALL 256-533-1970
- To speak with the National Runaway Hotline 24/7, CALL 1-800-621-4000
- To report child abuse, CALL MADISON COUNTY DHR at 256-427-6200 or CALL ALABAMA DHR 334-242-9500
- To report rape or domestic violence, CALL 911
- To be assessed for hospital admission 24/7, CALL Decatur General West at their Huntsville office at 256-551-2710
- For immediate threat of harm to self or others, CALL 911 or go to the ER.
These books are only suggestions. Parents are strongly encouraged to read each book before deciding to give them to your children.