*Please note that due to COVID-19, the NCAC Training Center has moved all in-person trainings to a virtual classroom. Social Work CEs are not available for this training in 2020.
Continuing education is awarded on a daily basis, with daily attendance required. Partial daily credit is not offered. Approximately 6.00 contact hours are available per day.
Participants wishing to make application for continuing education must submit a completed application, and processing fee within 30 days of attending the training. Applications received after 30 days will not be processed.
CE verification is emailed (or mailed) to continuing education applicants following receipt of completed CE forms. All participants are required to sign-in and sign-out each day.
All questions regarding the program, continuing education for your discipline and/or state, learning objectives, presenters, or for grievance issues, contact the National Children’s Advocacy Center at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
CE is not awarded for the Opening remarks, introductions, breaks, or lunch.
Lecture, demonstration, audio/visual, experiential practice of techniques, case-study, research presentation, large and small group discussion methodologies are used.
The NCAC adheres to the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), and similar state, federal, and local laws. NCAC provides appropriate accommodations to training participants with legally-recognized disabilities, including physical, visual, and auditory disabilities. If you require special accommodations, please contact Stacie Dice at email@example.com.
While the NCAC CE Program attempts to anticipate issues and assure fair treatment for all participants to conduct and experience valid and successful CE activities, there may be occasional issues which require intervention and/or action on the part of NCAC’s CE Program.
If a participant is not satisfied with the CE Program for any reason, the participant should submit a written complaint or grievance to the National Children’s Advocacy Center, Attn: Training Center, 210 Pratt Avenue, NE, Huntsville, AL 35801 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org within 30 days following completion of the CE program (e.g., event, course, scheduled training). The NCAC Training Center shall address participants’ complaints and grievances in accordance with the procedures outlined below in this statement of CE Grievance Policy and Procedures.
Grievance Policy Procedures:
- To register a complaint or grievance (e.g., refund request or complaints about course content, facilities, non-receipt of certificates, or any matter/occurrence) related to the CE Program, submit a written, detailed complaint or grievance to the National Children’s Advocacy Center Training Center, 210 Pratt Avenue, NE, Huntsville, AL 35801 or via email at email@example.com within 30 days following completion of the CE Program.
- The CE Program will respond in a timely and ethical manner.
- Complaints will be reviewed by the CE Program Coordinator and the CE Advisory Committee and responded to in writing within 30 days after receipt of written complaint.
- The written response will document the complaint/grievance and the involvement of each member of the CE Advisory Committee in the discussion and resolution of the issue; and
- The written response will inform the complainant that if there is a dissatisfaction with the resolution proposed by the CE Program, he/she may request a fair hearing for due process review or mediation by a neutral party.
- A record of all written complaints/grievances and the CE Program’s written response to these are kept on file in the CE Program Office and reported to necessary CE approval boards during renewal application. Summary information is shared with CE Advisory Committee and utilized to improve future courses.
Law Enforcement: This training is eligible for continuing education credit from the Alabama Peace Officers’ Standards and Training Commission (APOSTC).
Social Work: This program is Approved by the National Association of Social Workers (Approval # 886746741-8106) for 18 continuing education contact hours. NASW Approval # 886746741-8106 expires 11/30/2018
Counseling: NBCC counseling credits are NOT offered for this training.